View the Published Abstracts http://wso.sagepub.com/content/11/2_suppl/4.full
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Abstracts are welcome from national and international applicants from all disciplines. Authors may submit multiple abstracts
- Abstracts may be submitted in English or French and presentations at the Congress may be given in either language
- Presenters must register for the Congress and will be required to pay the appropriate registration fee
- Applicants should categorize their abstract based on one of the six subject area categories provided in the abstract submission system
- Applicants should indicate the format they would prefer to present their abstracts:
- Oral: A 10-minute oral presentation in a plenary or breakout session. Spaces are limited. hose who are not successful in securing an oral presentation slot will be offered to present their abstract via a mini-platform or display poster format.
- Oral Poster: A digital poster. Presenters will have the opportunity to briefly present their poster during a moderated session. Digital posters will be available for viewing to all Congress delegates throughout the Congress.
- Display Poster: A traditional paper (non-digital) poster. Presenters will be asked to be available to answer questions during set times during the Congress. Display posters will be available for viewing to all Congress delegates throughout the Congress. In addition, the top paper posters in each category will be given the opportunity to present their poster in a highlighted poster session during a designated time for this event in the Congress Program.
- All abstracts will be peer-reviewed
- Each abstract should be a maximum of 300 words (excluding title and authors) and should consist of four separate paragraphs:
- Background: briefly describe the problem or issue being addressed
- Methods: describe how the study was performed
- Results: describe the salient results or findings
- Conclusions: describe what the authors conclude from these results
- Research presented in abstracts must conform to CIHR guidelines for experimental procedures. All investigations involving humans and animals must have been conducted in conformity with these principles.
- Authors must declare any financial interest in a company (or its competitors) that makes a product discussed in the abstract